Our wedding is going to be on August 18th in Whistler which means I have just over 6 months to plan things out. I’m pretty organized and already have my venue, dress, menu, videographer, photographer and a few other things sorted out. I can see how this is stressful and expensive but I’ve learned a few things in the month of planning that I’ve done:
- Sign up for Wedding Wire. It’s free and it has a budget tracker, list and even an option to create a free website (which I did, obviously). A friend told me about it and I’m so happy with it. It’s an organized person’s dream. I can hook up my guest list with my RSVPs with my seating chart and more! Engaged? DO IT!
- Don’t go dress shopping alone. I was going to go alone but 2 friends ended up coming with me on a trip to Seattle where I just so happened to try on dresses. I didn’t think I would find my dress on this trip but it was the 5th dress I tried on. I cried. YUP. I also drank champagne from a can with a straw to celebrate.
- Find a few hotels that offer a discounted rate for guests and let out of towners know. My wedding is during a busy time in Whistler and a lot of people have already booked their rooms (the invites haven’t even gone out yet). I know that they appreciate me being on the ball so they can be on the ball, too.
- Ask for help if you need help. This goes for everything.
- Start a Pinterest board with your siblings or best friends. You can make it a secret board or public but it’s a great place to be inspired for all things wedding related.
- Remember, it’s YOUR wedding so YOU do what YOU want.
Wedding planning should be fun and if you are organized it shouldn’t be too stressful. Do you have any tips for newly engaged ladies out there? Add them in the comments below!
Life (lately) has been a whirlwind but 2017 is the year of BLAIR! Anywho, guess what happened at Christmas? Yes! Finally! Shayne and I are so happy.
I’ll hop bag on the blog train….I promise!
As you may know, I LOVE to travel. I never need an excuse but this past vacation had the best reason: Alia and Zach were getting married. They picked an awesome resort and destination and I just got back from a week in Puta Cana, Dominican Republic. The resort was beautiful, the food and drinks were delicious and the people were a hoot! The day usually started off with relaxing on the beach, listening to the waves crash while the warm ocean air brushed my body. By afternoon we were near the pool……the sand gets everywhere and it’s ice to have a break. I treated myself to a massage at the spa, one day and ate steak 3 times. The wedding was magical and full of love and tears of happiness. If you ever find a love like theirs, you are very lucky! Any how, here are some snaps from my vacay. Where to next?
I’m at a place in my life where I spend a lot of my vacation time going to weddings. Now, this isn’t a complaint…it’s more of a brag. I’m lucky to have such amazing friends who are able to find their loves and tie the knot…..mostly in beautiful destinations around the world. Well, this Friday I’m traveling to the Dominican Republic for the wedding of 2 of the most awesome people I’ve met in Pemberton: Zach and Alia. YAHOOOOO!
A friend, Tara, and I are sharing a room and it seems like a big, fun group of us from BC and Ottawa will be there. I’m stoked for many reasons:
*I love weddings!
*It’s been snowy and yucky here and I’m craving the beach.
*I’m excited to not do chores for 7 days.
*Friendship trips are really fun!
*Delicious food galore.
*No work for 7 days.
*SUNSHINE and TAN!
*I get to watch 2 awesome friends get married!
I’ve never been to Punta Cana or even the Dominican Republic. A recent Google search showed me that it shares an island with Haiti, and I’ve been there before. The poverty there made me feel guilty for being on vacation and I stole apples from the cruise ship to feed the workers.
As of right now, I don’t have plans to leave the resort except for a boat adventure (remember Jamaica? I have Gravol this time). I’m staying at this place (below). Have you been to Punta Cana and what do you suggest I do?
This past weekend Shayne and myself vacationed on Savary Island. We had a wedding to attend there and saw this as the right opportunity to take a break from life. It’s a beautiful island that is a drive, 2 ferries and a water taxi away from Pemberton. It’s WELL WORTH the journey, trust me. We rented a cabin for 3 nights and spent 1 night in Powell River. Sunshine. White sand beaches. Friends. Nature. Love. Will I be going back? YES.