Our wedding is going to be on August 18th in Whistler which means I have just over 6 months to plan things out. I’m pretty organized and already have my venue, dress, menu, videographer, photographer and a few other things sorted out. I can see how this is stressful and expensive but I’ve learned a few things in the month of planning that I’ve done:
- Sign up for Wedding Wire. It’s free and it has a budget tracker, list and even an option to create a free website (which I did, obviously). A friend told me about it and I’m so happy with it. It’s an organized person’s dream. I can hook up my guest list with my RSVPs with my seating chart and more! Engaged? DO IT!
- Don’t go dress shopping alone. I was going to go alone but 2 friends ended up coming with me on a trip to Seattle where I just so happened to try on dresses. I didn’t think I would find my dress on this trip but it was the 5th dress I tried on. I cried. YUP. I also drank champagne from a can with a straw to celebrate.
- Find a few hotels that offer a discounted rate for guests and let out of towners know. My wedding is during a busy time in Whistler and a lot of people have already booked their rooms (the invites haven’t even gone out yet). I know that they appreciate me being on the ball so they can be on the ball, too.
- Ask for help if you need help. This goes for everything.
- Start a Pinterest board with your siblings or best friends. You can make it a secret board or public but it’s a great place to be inspired for all things wedding related.
- Remember, it’s YOUR wedding so YOU do what YOU want.
Wedding planning should be fun and if you are organized it shouldn’t be too stressful. Do you have any tips for newly engaged ladies out there? Add them in the comments below!