I hate posting my blogs “late” meaning a few days after Wednesday but oh well. So, as you may or may not know I was on a hunt for a vehicle. Yes, I said “was” because I BOUGHT A CAR! I basically had about 2 weeks to find a car before my work schedule changed and I had no idea where to start.
So, I decided to go to the bank and ask for a loan. I should have looked for cars first, but I didn’t. So, I went over my options with the amazing lady at the bank and came up with a magic number. You see, this magic number was great but once I figured out the car I wanted……it wasn’t the magic number. Because I was approved on the spot, I didn’t want to try and ask for more money so I decided to try and work with my budget.
This is what I learned:
· Find the car you want and it’s price range before you ask for a loan.
· Shop around for interest rates (bank vs. dealership).
· Every time you ask for a loan your credit score takes a hit.
· If you get a loan at the bank and approved on the spot, and decide you want more money you need to reapply for the loan. Not only does your credit take a hit but you can be denied and you can lose the first loan that you were approved for.
So, now it came time to figure out what car I wanted. Originally, I was going to buy a Forrester until Tim came along and saved me. Tim Holodryzuk is my car hero and this is why:
· He is a very, very experienced mechanic and knows a lot about cars.
· He offered to help me find a car. All I had to do was tell him what type of car I wanted, my budget and he helped me find cars online.
· I test drove a few cars and decided on a Honda CRV.
· Not only did he find cars, he made phone calls to the owners to ask them questions.
· He test drove 10 cars in 1 day and found the car that I should buy and even negotiated the price for me.
SOLD. I bought a silver 2010 Honda CRV!
Next, I needed winter tires so Tim did the same thing. He searched Craigslist and found me winter tires. I was able to save a lot of money on both my car and tires because of Tim and if I ever need to buy a car again, he will be my go-to person. He is perfect for anyone who doesn’t have time to car shop, doesn’t like to car shop, knows very little about cars and anyone who needs a car. Guess what? He is for hire in the Vancouver, Squamish, Whistler and Pemberton area. If you need a car, this is who you want to call. He will help you find it, examine it’s parts and negotiate a price. Tim rocks and I will be forever greatful!