Well, life is busy and time is moving fast and one thing that I have to spend more time on is my health and fitness. I’m back on the fitness train and trying to get to yoga at least once a week. I’m working on with a talented personal trainer, Sylvie Allen, and I’m hoping to get my core workout in 3 days a week. In a few weeks, my life schedule will change and I’ll have more “me” time and I CANNOT wait! Along the way I picked up a few tips and tricks and wanted to share them with you:
1. Have a goal and a plan. It doesn’t have to be numbers based but you should have something that you are working towards. This helped me stay motivated.
2. Find the time to move and find the time of day that works best for you. I’m a morning person. I like to wake up and workout before coffee or breakfast or work. I know that at the end of my day I’m more tired and so it’s easier for me to sink into the couch than sweat it out on the bike.
3. Dill tastes good on almost everything. YUM!
4. Popcorn is a great snack and I like to sprinkle coconut oil on it (it’s very low in calories).
5. What you wear to gym/yoga DOES matter. Make sure you have good runners with a lot of support.
6. Drink a lot of water and find the trick that makes you do it. I like lemon water. I like to drink water from a straw. I also REALLY like sparkling water and my Soda Stream changed my life.
7. Sweat it out to good tunes. Find songs that motivate you and rock out while you sweat it out.
8. Have fun. Find something that you enjoy so you like spending time getting healthier.
9. Nutritional yeast isn’t as gross as it sounds and I’ve been enjoying it on eggs.
10. Work with a professional. Maybe it’s once a week or once a month? A yoga teacher will make sure you are aligned and a personal trainer will make sure that you are performing the exercises correctly.
When I’m in good health I am happier and more creative and a better person. So, wish me luck on my health journey! What are your tips and tricks that you like to follow?