Tuesday I returned from my trip to Toronto. My little sister graduated from the University of Toronto so my mother and I went to celebrate. I also had a friend in town. The airport is about 3 hours away from Pemberton and the flight is around 5 hours. Here is what I do and do don’t love about traveling (by airplane) while living in Pemberton:
- The airport is far away and I either need to: get a ride, bus to the airport or bus to Vancouver and take the train to the airport. Yeesh!
- Travel time is more with the added journey to the airport (a lot of sitting is bad for my back).
- It feels like it takes FOREVER to get home.
- Everyone always asks where I’m from and when I tell them they give me a very silly and confused look. This is more funny than a “don’t love.”
- I love coming home.
- It makes me want to travel less which means I save more money.
- The feeling of landing at YVR knowing that I’m back in one of the best parts of the world.
- I catch up on my naps and reading while on the us and plane.
- The airplane is usually taking me somewhere magical and fun.
I do feel that living in Pemberton makes me want to travel a lot less and appreciate the trips that I do go on. Maybe I should just go away less but for longer periods of time? At least I won’t be getting on a flight until the end of summer and can enjoy the grounded life here.
The trip was awesome and here are some moments:
Blue Jays game (they lost 5-0).
More baseball (yes, I know the pics are not in order but I’m laaaaazy).