There is nothing more freeing (to me) than jumping on my bike and going on an adventure. Unlike most Pemberton people, I stick to the flat trails and roads and all I need is a minimum of 20 minutes to clear my head. My ideal bike ride is about 30-60 minutes, awesome scenery, a pit stop for a Caesar/snack and sunshine. Non-rain works when there is no sun. I love taking pictures of what I see on my rides and mostly it’s to honor the beautiful and amazing place that I live. Pemberton is amazing. #CyclePemby
Here are some of my pictures so far (and it’s only April):
Oh, hi! Miss me? Sorry that I didn’t post last week….. I was in Cabo San Lucas and had no access to the Internet. It was nice to be disconnected but I’m stoked to be back online.
Here are some pictures from my trip:
What’s going on in Blairland for Spring? Well, a few awesome things.
1) I’m taking GOLF lessons. WOO HOO. It’s a ladies program from Whistler Golf Club and I’m ready to learn something new. I guess this will mean that I can do more than sit on the patio and have drinks at Big Sky or The Black Squirrel. Ah well, seems fun and drinks can follow!
2) I’m on my BIKE again! That means I’m out and about. I’m mobile. I’m doing cardio. I’m biking down Caesar Trail. Oh, also my new bike has a (new) name: BUCK.
3) I’m spending more time in Vancouver (and taking a trip to Toronto for my sisters graduation. Woo-GO ALANA. Cheers on your MSW!)
4) I’m planting a garden. I’m looking forward to “learning” more about this and hopefully Shayne will teach me.
5) Fishing. ‘Nuff said….ya’ll know what happens when out fishing. (Beef Jerky, wink wink).
What are you looking forward to this Spring?
It’s quite frequent that in movies or TV shows that we see the hairdresser or beauty salon as the social hub of the community. Girls (and some boys) gather to beautify and socialize. Being from a large city, I never had this experience. I salon hopped for my pedis and I rarely got my hair done, so I had never truly experienced this….until now! In Pemberton there is a spa called Ivy Esthetics.
When they first opened, I sporadically went there for pedicures or other services (1 facial and tanning). I decided to try out those “gel polish” manicures that everyone is always talking about. No chipping? I gotta try this out! Immediately, I was hooked! Every 2-2.5 weeks I book myself in for the last appointment of the day to get my nails done, hang out with the awesome staff and chit chat. This has become a social outing for me (and I assume, for the girls who work there). They are amazing and have become my friends! They also have awesome decor. This is their funkalicious rug:
Sometimes I get a little loud so the girls try and schedule like-minded customers at the same time as me. A glass of wine is usually how we end our evening and my nail-beatification routine has become a staple in my Pemberton life. Oh, they also have many other services and awesomeness such as: a tanning booth, chocolate, nail polish and amazing mineral makeup by Jane Iredale. If you are in Pemberton I encourage you to check out these talented ladies at this awesome spa.