Being from the prairies I’m naturally conditioned to hate winter. You would if it was -40 Celsius and your mascara would freeze your teary eyes closed.
Knowing that it is now winter I must remind myself about the good things about winter up here:
- There is snow but never gets much colder than -10 (if that)
- Pemberton is warmer than Whistler so sometimes I get 2 seasons in one day
- Skiing is fun (expensive and hard but fun)
- Hot tubbing is awesome in winter
- Hot tubbing is more awesome when it’s snowing outside
- I like wearing warm and cozy clothing
- Early bed times (due to lack of daylight)
- Snow days
- Winter ends March-Aprilish
- How sexy men (especially Shayne) look in ski gear, hoodies and touques
- Being the only Jew in Pemberton allows for me to throw fun parties that people want to come to (and try by horrible Jewish cooking)
Here’s a song (with lyrics) about how I feel at Christmas time in Pemberton:
Just kidding about being lonely….I’m not. I do feel like the only Jew in town though. Am I?