Some may say home is where the heart is but most people I know identify home as the city where you are from. I am from Winnipeg and now call Pemberton home, however when it is time to go to Winnipeg I am “going home.” Confusing, right?
I struggle with trying to fit “everything” in on a trip to Winnipeg so I have come up with a list of things to do and people to see (no particular order). This list has more than normal due to the fact that I’m bringing my boyfriend to Winnipeg for the first time:
- Go to Salisbury House and get an Egg Nip
- Make plans with the grandparents
- Make plans with the aunts and uncles
- Go to lululemon (my old stompin’ grounds)
- Make plans with my mom
- Arrange to see my friends that are still there (organize a dinner)
- Make plans to see friends who have recently been married or birthed children
- Buy presents for children and weddings
- Make plans with my dad
- Arrange to have a car available
- Buy new suitcase to bring home fur coat (newly inherited from Baba)
- Hang out with Zena (the cat)
- Make plans to go to Stellas
- Catch up with the neighbors
- Check out BDI
- Sleep in?
- Drive through Assiniboine Park
- Check out the Forks
- Have another Egg Nip (this is for me. Shayne doesn’t like eggs)
- Go to wedding and events
- Go to Winnipeg Beach/Gimli
I usually feel like I need a vacation from my vacation but I feel like I will be able to get some R & R. Have you ever been to Winnipeg? If so, what should I show Shayne?
Summer is here and I’m learning to bike (better), fish and other Pemberton activities. Follow me on my journey. Check back every Wednesday (ish) to see what I have been up to.