The time has come to pack your costumes, prep your liver and stock up on sani-wipes because you are ready to Fest. Festival season is the most exciting of all and quite frankly it lasts for a whole. There are all sorts of music and arts festivals all around the world but they have one thing in common: you must do your biznas is a porta potty. I was recently at The Governors Ball in NYC and was inspired to share my tips. So, here are some tricks I have picked up over my festing years:
- Always carry extra toilet paper/hand sanitizer or sani-wipes with you.
- Scout out all of the porta potty locations and select the ones furthest away from the crowds.
- Always go to the last ones in the last row (they are used the least).
- Hover and squat. If you need to sit, do it but don’t tell anyone.
- Pick ones that are in the shades.
- If you are camping and some are near by, try making boys and girls signs ad sticking them on the door (this semi-works).
- Have a buddy come with you and watch the door.
- If its dark out, bring a flashlight so you don’t get any surprises.
- Never, I mean NEVER go into a portapotty that’s on a slant.
- If you are okay with the wilderness, pop a squat in the bush and avoid the poop box all together.
- If you see someone “gross” coming out of one, DO NOT go in!
Do you have any festival bathroom survival tips? Share them below!